Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jolly Well Done


Like most American's, I first became really aware of Russell Brand when I saw him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (didn't like that movie too much the 1st time 'round, but that might have had something to do with the story line being awkward in regard to the company that I was watching it with...I won't get too into that here, suffice it to say, I liked it more on the 2nd go when watching it solo).
Anyway, back to Mr. Brand...I caught him a few times on Letterman and was instantly won over by his charm and cheekiness. He looks like a total freak and always leaves some section of pubic hair delinquently exposed but he uses words like "scullery" and "erudite"! How delightfully contradictory!
Having heard that he released his international best seller here in the U.S., I could not deny the urge to be a good American consumer and buy it immediately. It's called "My Booky Wook" (there he goes, being all pert again), and it's very hysterical and refreshingly honest. From recounting drug induced moments in his life when his brain reminded him of his "anus full of heroin", to questioning "what would Hitler do in this situation?", the book(y wook)'s got it all...and more.
Long live Russell Brand, and long live the Queen.