Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's Sun-Earth Day I'm In Love (Sung To The Tune of "It's Friday I'm In Love")

A friend of mine sent this clip to me. After a day of viewing it over and over and over again (seriously, be careful, it's oddly hypnotic), I'm still not really sure what to make of it. There's definitely some creepy Dharma Initiative "Hello, I'm Dr. Wick, welcome to the Pearl Station" undertones in it, as well as some pretty f*cking amusing NASA humor mixed in there (we all knew the people working there have to be pretty bizarro, didn't we?).
The whole schtick has something to do with the promotion of
"Sun Earth Day", which similarly to what my favorite day - "Earth Day" does, tries to get us to appreciate the sun in all it's glory. To me this seems like a difficult task because the sun is kinda scary as far as I'm concerned, and the planet Earth just seems so friendly. But, because this video is so strange and I appreciate that, I'll try my hardest to love the sun on March 20th.



Thanks, Jonjon.