Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fatty Crab! (Happy Face!)


I've been crab fishing once in Maryland when I was young. We went out on a teeny tiny boat with a lot of raw, juicy, cubed beef for the little suckers to claw onto. After the terrifying experience of rowing back to shore while a few of them crawled around the floor snapping their pinchers in protest, we killed them and made them into crab cakes!! Finga lickin' good!
Though it doesn't look like this place will be serving any run-of-the-mill crab cakes, I CANNOT wait to get down with a whole bunch of stuff on their menu. And it's got the BEST name ever...who doesn't want to just shout out, "Let's go down to Fatty Crab!"???
Plus....UWS hood. Yay!

Addendum :
Rachel: btw though, fatty crab has existed downtown for a long time
me: oh crap. thanks for the info
Rachel: ya, you may want to revise
me: i'll have to addendum that bitch
Rachel: but that's really exciting that it's coming uptown!! UWS is on fira. fire (but pronounce FYE-YA).